Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Mornings

I have a somewhat unfortunate school schedule this semester. I have class at 10 am on Tuesdays, which, thanks to my commute, means I have to be up at 7 am. This alone would not be so bad; I can handle early mornings, especially when I'm armed with a steady supply of coffee. Unfortunately, it doesn't end there. I have class until 9:30 on Wednesday nights, which means that (again thanks to my commute) I don't get home until 11:30 most nights. Again, this wouldn't be so bad on its own; I usually go to bed much later than that, and I'm used to some long days.

Where it really compounds is my class the next morning. On Wednesday mornings I have class at 9 am, which means I have to be up at 6. With my class on Tuesday nights, I can get six hours of sleep at best. In reality, it usually ends up closer to four. Combine that with not getting enough sleep Monday night, and I'm usually wrecked by Wednesday morning, even with multiple Pikes in my system.

It is Wednesday morning. I am wrecked. Trying to keep myself from faceplanting onto my keyboard is priority one. In a seminar type class that expects active participation, I expect to say something stupid or incoherent every Wednesday. I'm sure today will be no expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment