Thursday, April 11, 2013

Goodbyes

I had to say goodbye to someone today. I don't think I'm going out on much of a limb by saying that goodbyes suck. Losing someone out of your life is really awful.

I feel like I used to be better at this. When I was a kid, I'd move away or my friends would move away and I might be sad, briefly, but life went on. Maybe I just didn't really understand the finality of it all. Unfortunately that's no longer the case.

These days, I feel like people rarely have to leave my life, if I don't want them too. They may leave my neighbourhood, my city, or even my country, but the magic of the internet allows me to keep in contact with almost anyone, anywhere if I really want to. Unfortunately, that doesn't look like it will work here, this goodbye was probably final. Having to deal with that so rarely I think means that it's much harder to handle when it does come up.

I wish I had better words to convey how I feel, but it just really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment