Sunday, May 26, 2013

Disheartening

I've been posting like mad lately, is it obvious that I'm avoiding the schoolwork piling up on my desk?

This Jays season has been about as disheartening as I could possibly imagine. After years of mediocrity, I really thought they had a chance this year. A good one. For the first time ever, I didn't laugh at the notion that my flex pack gives me first crack at playoff tickets.

Instead, it has been a constant struggle. Every time they look like they might be turning a corner, they fall back again, and they're running out of time. They may have already run out of time. Injuries have taken a toll, but it seems like one day they pitch and the next they hit, and they rarely do both on the same day. They give just enough to lose. I'm sure that's not really true, but it feels that way.

I'll still watch, because I'll always watch. I watched when they lost 90+ games, and I'll watch this year no matter how bad it might get. But it's disheartening.

Update: Of course, if I'd actually been watching today's game, instead of turning it off in favour of school work when they gave up two runs in the top of the ninth to go down by three, I'd know they stormed back to win the game, making this about the least appropriate time to post this all year. Still, it all remains true.

No comments:

Post a Comment