Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Barely Trying

I think I've become a a complete cynic, with regard to school. I've always had a natural inclination toward cynicism, but it's never affected me like this. When I was an undergraduate, I would take my assignment guidelines and craft a paper that fit them. Now, I write the paper I want, ensuring that it is only in the spirit of the assignment, and then ram in the various components I still need to make it meet the requirements. I treat the guidelines like a checklist, adding in superfluous sources, covering barely related content, or doing whatever else is needed after I would otherwise be finished.

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing. I write more of what I want, which means I suppose I enjoy it more, and it has worked just fine so far in terms of grades. However, I don't know if it's exactly healthy that I'm so inclined to barely try to meet the requirements. It's probably a good thing that I graduate this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment